November 17, 2010

My Aunt's House in Yonkers

This experience comes second hand. A location near and dear to my heart, my Aunt’s house. Years ago when my Grandfather got sick with cancer my Aunt took him into her home and converted her dinning room into a hospital room. There my Grandfather would lie in his hospital bed as hired nurses took care of him. Day in and day out my Aunt and Uncle would hear his hospital bed creaking from him moving in it. The sound began to drive them nuts. Soon my Grandfather got sicker and passed away. After he passed and while my family mourned, my Aunt’s dining room was converted back. Months passed and one night while my Aunt and Uncle were in bed they heard a familiar noise. They heard the creaking of my Grandfather’s hospital bed! I think he wanted them to know that even though he was gone his spirit would always be with them. My Grandfather was a spirit that was heard in my Aunt’s house but there was a spirit that my Mother actually saw while she was babysitting my cousins. While my Mother was lying down on the couch at my Aunt’s house she saw a shadowy figure wearing a black coat and a top hat near the door. My mother was a little freaked out but when she told my Aunt about what she saw there was no reaction. My aunt said “oh yeah, that’s Fred the ghost that lives here!” She told my Mother that the owner of the house that lived there before them died in the house and it was his spirit. After all is said and done, I wonder who else has had experiences or encounters with the paranormal?

1 comment: